Nearly 80,000 Woolwich records complete
Royal Greenwich database
- Woolwich Cemetery, the last of five cemeteries managed by the Royal Borough of Greenwich in South London, has had all records digitised and added to www.deceasedonline.com
- In total, there are now over 485,000 records for the Royal Borough which includes Eltham Crematorium as well as Charlton, Eltham, Greenwich, Plumstead and Woolwich cemeteries
- Woolwich Cemetery opened in 1856 and features many military graves as well as some fascinating memorials
- Click here to read more details about this cemetery and many others within the 'database coverage' section on Deceased Online website
- Victims from London's worst-ever peacetime disaster are buried and commemorated at Woolwich and you can read all about this in Emma Jolly's next blog so register now at: http://deceasedonlineblog.blogspot.co.uk
- The data for Woolwich Cemetery comprise:
- Grave details indicating those buried in each grave
- Scans of burial registers
- Cemetery maps indicating grave locations
- Some photographs of memorials and headstones
Lots of burial records for Lancashire and Yorkshire...
Find out more about the cemeteries and the famous and infamous featured on Deceased Online. Read our new blog by historian and genealogist Emma Jolly.
Follow and 'like' us on Twitter and Facebook. We're regularly adding interesting news and information about Deceased Online and British cemeteries and crematoria.