Wyre Civic Centre,
Wyre Council area is located in mid/north Lancashire with Blackpool immediately to the south and bordering City of Lancaster to the north. It takes its name from the River Wyre which runs through the council area.
The key towns in the Council area are Cleveleys, Fleetwood, Garstang, Poulton-Le-Fylde and Thornton.
Records on Deceased Online
Deceased Online has digitized all burial records (nearly 35,000) managed by the council for the following sites:
- Fleetwood Cemetery, Beach Road, Fleetwood, opened 1841; nearly 27,000 burials
- Poulton New Cemetery, Garstang Road, Poulton le Fylde, opened 1929; 2,552 burials
- Poulton Old Cemetery, Moorland Road, Poulton le Fylde, opened 1895; 3,660 burials
- Preesall Cemetery, Cemetery Lane, Preesall, opened 1856; 3,000+ burials
The records for each burial recorded comprise:
- burial register scan
- grave details showing all occupants in each grave
- maps indicating the section in cemeteries for all graves