Forthcoming Changes to the website
On Wednesday 9th October* we will be changing some aspects of the way the Deceased Online website works. For most users the differences in day-to-day use of the website will be minimal, as the changes are limited to the way documents are priced and how you pay for them. Effective prices will not change.
Summary of changes
- Instead of 10 pence Credits, you will purchase Vouchers for varying Pounds Sterling amounts. These are similar to store vouchers and book tokens except you don't have to spend the whole value in one go
- The cost to view records will be shown in Pounds Sterling, not credits
- If you buy higher value vouchers, extra bonus amounts will be added to your account, which will be used towards the cost of viewing documents
- The tax point will be moved to the time of purchase of viewings, with a receipt available on demand for each viewing, via your viewing history
- Any existing credits in your account will be converted to vouchers at the full face value of 10p each, even if you paid less for them originally due to volume discount
These changes are explained in more detail here.
We trust you will find the transition straightforward, but don't hesitate to use the new website help pages and FAQs that will be available if you have any questions.
*The website will be unavailable from 09:00 hrs until 17:00 hrs BST (08:00 until 16:00 GMT) on the 9th October while the upgrade is taking place.
Great website upgrades are in the pipeline:
we listen to our users! Watch this space.
More records coming soon
including collections from...
- North Yorkshire
- North East Scotland
- A major London cemetery
- Fascinating datasets from over 200 cemeteries at The National Archives
The Registered Office for Deceased Online is 20 Davigdor Road, Hove, BN3 1TT, UK