VCs, Royal Arsenal workers and mayors
among 56,000 burial records
- All records for Plumstead Cemetery in South East London are immediately available on www.deceasedonline.com
- Opened in 1890, Plumstead is the third cemetery in the Royal Borough of Greenwich to be included on the Deceased Online database.
- Located on a hillside, the cemetery has fine vistas across London. It features many interesting graves and memorials including two former Mayors of Woolwich and two recipients of the Victoria Cross; Private Thomas Flawn and Gunner Alfred Smith.
- There is also a memorial to victims of accidental explosions at the Royal Arsenal, (opened in the late 17th Century) which was located in nearby Woolwich.
- You can read more details about this cemetery and many others within the ‘database coverage’ section on www.deceasedonline.com
- The data for Plumstead Cemetery comprise:
- Computerised records
- Grave details indicating those buried in each grave
- Scans of burial registers
- Cemetery maps indicating grave locations
- Some photographs of memorials and headstones
Find out more about the cemeteries and the famous and infamous featured on Deceased Online. Read our new blog by historian and genealogist Emma Jolly.
Follow and 'like' us on Twitter and Facebook. We're regularly adding interesting news and information about Deceased Online and British cemeteries and crematoria.